Pemex issued the following announcement on July 10.
State production company filed a criminal complaint with the Attorney General's Office to investigate alleged criminal acts
Petróleos Mexicanos presented, on June 29, a criminal complaint before the Attorney General's Office (PGR), after that earlier that month it was detected that a group of individuals seeks to defraud the public by pretending to be company directors, saying that they have authorization to sell at a preferential price all types of hydrocarbons.
The way in which this group operates is the following:
1. Someone contacts the victim (fuel trader) who is promised to sell hydrocarbons at cheaper prices than those in the market.
2. In the interest of the person contacted, he lies and tells him that he will present him to senior Pemex officials for the purpose of negotiating, and if necessary, signing a contract.
3. Outside the offices of Pemex a meeting is arranged with false "officials" allegedly of the company. At these meetings they are shown apocryphal trades and even contracts are signed to deceive him.
4. They offer you the delivery of pipes with gasoline or another product and they indicate that the price to pay for these will be deposited in a bank account of a supposed "third party" outside Pemex.
5. Of course, within a few days of being paid, the victim loses all contact with them, thereby committing fraud.
A call is made to society not to be deceived or to lend itself to collaborating in this type of schemes that have the purpose of defrauding people and companies.
Petróleos Mexicanos reports that the only way to buy petroleum products from the company is through the commercial areas of Pemex Transformación Industrial (Pemex TRI), after signing a marketing contract, which must be signed electronically through the portal of Pemex TRI.
Our commercial advisors or account executives do not make any payment for the formalization of said contracts or for any other procedure or management.
Pemex reiterates its commitment to legality and invites the public to report any irregularities in the process of formalizing their contracts or other services offered on the toll free number: 01 800-Pemex00 or email: contacto.combustibles@pemex. com
Original source can be found here.